Guthrie Express Trucking currently works with two PJ Trailer outlet dealers for trailer sales and repairs.
Nationwide Trailers (Tulsa Location)
15051 E Admiral PL, Tulsa, OK 74116
918-346-6238 (Ask for Scott Parker)
(Sales and Repair)
Happy Trailer Sales (Paris TX Location)
2975 S Church Street, Paris, TX 75462
903-458-9508 (Ask for Stewie Berg)
When you speak to one of the sales staff listed above, please tell them you are with Guthrie Express, so they know immediately that you are looking for a hotshot trailer. Both locations know Guthrie Express very well and the trailer requirements for their potential drivers.
Trailer types: We use two different classes of trailers, CDL and Non-CDL. Below are the specifications for each type of trailer and some additional notes on each spec. If you have any questions about the trailer it's self, please contact one of the sales staff listed above, and they will answer your questions. If you have a question on what Guthrie’s trailer requirements are or about a trailer that you already own, please contact Guthrie Express at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get your questions addressed ASAP.
NON-CDL Driver Trailer:
This trailer is used for any driver that has a ¾ ton (10,000 GVWR) truck or possibly a 1-ton single wheel (SRW) truck (GVWR 11,500 to 11,700)*.
A. 25+5 (30’ total length)
B. Monster Ramps
C. 7,000 axles (Please note that when Guthrie buys this trailer for ourselves, we order it with 8K axles for a little extra muscle. 7K axles are just fine, and you normally will find that dealers will stock 7K axle trailers but don’t keep 8K in stock)
D. 8 or more 4” winch straps on a sliding track (Please note that this is an optional add on, BUT HIGHLY ADVISED as it will make securing your load easier and faster. Plus, some loads require them, and if you don’t have them, we can’t book you on those loads)
E. 14 Ply G rated Tires (This is an optional upgrade that Guthrie does on all trailers they order).
F. Single tire (NON-CDL trailers should never have dully tires as there is no benefit at the weight NON-CDLs are loaded up to and just adds unnecessary weight to the trailer)
G. GVWR 15,900 (unless you have an SRW 1-Ton and then it should be 14,500 or 14,300 depending on the GVWR of the truck)
CDL Driver Trailer:
This trailer is used for any driver that has a 1-ton DRW truck (14,000 GVWR)
A. 35+5 (40’ total length)
B. Monster Ramps
C. 10,000 lb. axles (Please note that when Guthrie buys this trailer for ourselves, we order it with 12K axles for a little extra muscle. 10K axles are just fine, and you normally will find that dealers will stock 10K axle trailers but don’t keep 12K in stock)
D. 10 or more 4” winch straps on a sliding track (required for all CDL weight trailers)
E. 14 Ply G rated Tires (this is an optional upgrade that Guthrie does on all trailers they order).
F. GVWR 25,000 GVWR (if you have 12K axles the GVWR needs to be 25,900 or greater)
1. If I have a truck larger than a 1-Ton, what do I need? For the answer to this question, you will need to speak with Guthrie so we can gather some data about your truck and get your question answered.
2. What if I already have a trailer, but it does not exactly fit the specs listed? Please take a picture of the manufactures informational sticker that is on the neck of the trailer, and full pictures of the complete trailers and email them to email@example.com and we will see if it qualifies. The specs that we listed above are what we suggest if you are buying a new trailer. If you already have a trailer, let's see if yours will work for your needs before you consider buying a new one.
3. Do I have to buy a new trailer? No, used trailers are acceptable as long as they meet our specifications, both physical and mechanically.
4. Do I have to buy from one of the retailers you recommend? No
5. Do I have to buy a PJ Trailer? No
6. Can you recommend any brands besides PJ? Not at this time. We recommend PJ Trailers because of their longevity and ease of obtaining parts in almost any state your in.
1. Before you buy a trailer, please make sure that Guthrie has assigned you an orientation date and officially hired you.
2. Before you buy a trailer, please send the full trailer quote to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us look over it so we can make sure what your buying is correct.
3. If you are a NON-CDL and you have a 1-Ton single wheel trailer, its critical that you speak with Guthrie before looking at any trailers.
4. Guthrie Express Trucking LLC and NCIS Logistics LLC is in no way affiliated with Nationwide Trailer, Happy Trailer Sales or any of their subsidiaries. Nor does Guthrie Express Trucking LLC and NCIS Logistics LLC profit from any drivers purchase from the recommended trailer retailers. Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, Guthrie Express Trucking LLC and NCIS Logistics LLC make no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy of the content on this website. Guthrie Express Trucking LLC and NCIS Logistics LLC assume no liability or responsibility for any error or omissions in the information contained in the website or the operation of the website.